Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: eBay
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 19:27:01 -0600

Austin Franklin wrote:

> >>      It irks me to see stuff on eBay sometimes, like selling a 21mm
> >>Leitz M lens and not only listing the finder separately, but the front
> >>and rear lens caps separately as well.  I won't deal with them, ever.
> >>

> That same thing irks me too...especially when it's a collectible...was s/he
> selling the box and paperwork separately too? ;-)

I enjoy eBay a lot! It's like a great big bazaar where you can find just
about anything you ever imagined even if you mostly want to browse the
aisles. Thanks to eBay, I know what most of the Nikon RF cameras look
like and how I probably won't be shooting with a Nikon SP too soon
($$$!) Bidding for Leica gear is too fierce for me, but a Hasselblad
here and there and some Kinder Surprise Eggs for Easter are just the
ticket!

Before eBay, I had no idea what an M3 or IIIf box looked like. I think
we should scan those in and put them into the public domain so everyone
with a photo printer can make a nice repro and we can be done with this
hundred-buck box business (say it fast).
- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado