Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmar-M vs. Summicron-M
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:16:58 -0700

ken,

i would go for the summicron. it was the 50 i bought when i got my m6, and
though i hesitated a moment over the decision (i was also considering the
summilux), i have never regretted it. it is a fantastic lens, imo. sharp,
contrasty, beautiful bokeh (i first understood what that word meant when i
saw my first prints using the summicron 50).

i should add that i have never used the elmar on my m6, and probably never
will, given my satisfaction with the summicron.

guy

p.s. my one gripe being the collapsable hood, which has been frequently
bewailed on the lug.