Subject: Re: [Leica] case's and what not.
From: "Michael Gardner" <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:36:16 -0500

> I was wondering how many (if any) of you fine folks have and use a "Ever
> Ready" case or half case, specifically the ones offered by the
> Kameraleader company ?
> I am thinking of getting the "Half case"

I'll be a lonely defender of the Kameraleder half case!

I work with three M's most of the time.  I'm a shooter not a collector (in
spite of what my wife and accountant say!).  My two black M's fend for
themselves but my first M I ever owned, a chrome "Panda" model, rides in an
elegant Kameraleder half case.  I usually have B&W film in the body and
usually not in any blazing hurry, that's what the motor driven R's are for.
I don't mind the extra ten seconds to the loading process to unscrew the
case before I load the film.  As a matter of fact, a recent shoot of a
theatre production saw the Noctilux on the chrome M6 and a 90 on another
body and I reloaded film a number of times during the performance with both
bodies in the near darkness without the case hampering my efforts to any
degree.

The case is beautifully made and the strap is very comfortable.  The price
of the case never caused me to skimp on buying film or taking pictures.  All
the camera controls are right at hand just like the nekked cameras but it is
a little touch of self-indulgence that I enjoy.

Mike Gardner