Subject: Re: [Leica] 'digital' darkroom
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 12:48:07 -0800

> The real reason for keeping the darkroom is that the wet and the digital
> complement each other and give me more options, certainly on the wet
> front choice of papers and the tonal effect of multiple toning are
> options that are either not available or for me achievable, yet.

Hi Mike,

     Things change so rapidly in the digital printing sphere, like
computers in general, it's scary.  For the traditional darkroom, it's
a very stable and reliable situation.

     Like if something happens to your computer and it seems to happen,
you can't print because of the complexity of the computer printing
chain.

     Until this reliability factor is smoothed out, the traditional
darkroom remains the simpler choice and STILL offers the potential
for highest quality/cost.  But maybe not for long, if professional
drum scan quality becomes available at a realistic price point.

					Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net