Subject: Re: [Leica] 'digital' darkroom
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:38:41 -0800

Rich Lahrson wrote:

> > The real reason for keeping the darkroom is that the wet and the digital
> > complement each other and give me more options, certainly on the wet
> > front choice of papers and the tonal effect of multiple toning are
> > options that are either not available or for me achievable, yet.
>
> Hi Mike,
>
>      Things change so rapidly in the digital printing sphere, like
> computers in general, it's scary.  For the traditional darkroom, it's
> a very stable and reliable situation.
><Snip>

Two big glitches on the seismometer of the wet world for me and others.
1. Xtol
2. The Aristo VC cold light head for "split" printing.
I've done this stuff for decades and was getting a little frustrated and bored
with the process;
until these things came along in the last very end of the
decade/century/millennium. Yesterday. Now I'm just as hyped in the darkroom as I
am at the computer.
Mark Rabiner