Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/1.4 ASPH lens shade...is this thing a joke?
From: "Rick Dykstra" <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:09:58 +1100

Hello Lug

My 35/1.4 asph came in a small leather pouch with just the lens cap
attached.  With the hood on it won't fit in the pouch, like the 21/2.8 asph
does.  I broke the hood the first time I used it! The instructions didn't
say to loosen the locking ring before pressing the tabs on the side of the
hood to take it off. I didn't know how hard to press the tabs, and broke one
before I knew that that was too hard!  Our very nice Australian agent,
Adeal, replaced the hood for me.  Geez I broke into a sweat though!

Rick Dykstra