Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 or separate meter ??
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 05:36:14 -0800

Xavier Planellas wrote:

> Ted,
>
> I can understand your point of view about using an M6 instead a
> separate meter but I raised the question about meters because :
>
> 1.- I have 2 Leica bodies : M2 and M3
> 2.- I don't have enough funds to buy now an M6
> 3.- I feel more comfortable taking ambient/reflected light readings
> than using one integrated camera meter.
> 4.- I also need the meter for working with my 8x10 View Camera>>>>>>>>>

G'day Xavier,

Your quite right regarding the need for a hand held meter, my apologize,
as I assumed the conversation was around leica camera use only.

 Of course  over the years I always had a hand meter, in the olden times
usually a "weston" many years ago, then a Luna Pro and never went
anywhere without one..  They of course are an essential part of
photography for mostshooters.  But I with out question have found the
metering in the R8 beyond re-proach as it makes you a lazy photographer
in relation to taking meter readings, certainly when you have the
internal system down pat, it is quite marvelous.

It's still only a machine and one must always keep an eye on what the
camera is setting itself at to ensure it is what you require for a
correct exposure in relation to what you are shooting.

ted