Subject: Re: [Leica]X-Ray Damage
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 22:44:41 -0800

>Henning, please tell us about it.

A bunch of years ago (in the early 70's) I forgot to take my Rollei 35 with
400 speed color negative film out of my carry on luggage while going
through Amsterdam. This was the only time the film (and camera) went
through a scanner, so I know it was there. When I got the film back, there
were faint images of the strap mounting clip on the film, starting near the
end of the film and going all the way to the very end; about 4 or 5 of
them. The clip is fairly distinctive, and is on the supply spool side of
the camera.

This was the only time I had incontrovertible proof of damage. It was
probably due to a machine that had gone out of adjustment, and it was in
the early days. Since then I have often been forced to get my film scanned
at various, usually European airports, but I have never noticed any damage
again.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com