Subject: Re: [Leica] for sale as a result of our studio going digital
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 09:48:37 -0700

Cmrausr@aol.com wrote:

> Times do change. I just took delivery on a Lightphase single capture back.
> The quality is good enough to hold up as a 13x21 full page single image
> newspaper ad.

Is this suitable for use in the field and if so, what's involved here?
Last I checked (awhile ago) prices for medium format digital scanning
backs were falling below $6K, but the units were more like miniature
flatbed scanners and not self-contained much less real time. I've
carried notebook computers on hikes with digital cameras before but
really didn't really have much fun doing it as the notebook was hefty
and the battery life was not good..
- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado