Subject: Re: [Leica] for sale as a result of our studio going digital
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 12:42:22 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> > Digital audio ruins the fun, because it eliminates the competition
> > gradient, and thereby eliminates the quest.
><Snip>
> I find this really a funny thread chiding audiophiles coming from a group
> of camera polishers...  For the humor impaired, that was a joke.

I would love to be an audiophile I have a few above average audio objects but I
can only afford to be one phile* per lifetime and on this one it's Leica and
camera. I do have a fairly complete stereo system also in my darkroom and get
some intense listening done while I print but I often have to turn down the
music to do some tricky dodging and burning to the once per second beeper on my timer.

*from Greek -philos, beloved, dear, from philos, beloved, loving.]
Mark Rabiner
John Dillinger loved his files!