Subject: Re: [Leica] BAD NEWS: magnetic screwdrivers
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:45:17 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 29/02/00 21:50:07 Paris, Madrid, jbcollier@home.com
a écrit :

<< I may well be paranoid but here goes. Do not use a magnetic screwdriver in
 small delicate workings. The screwdriver also magnetises the part you are
 working on and this can cause problems down the road. Magnetic screwdrivers
 are fine for screws because if fine metallic particles are attracted to the
 screw, they will not cause any damage. Small parts or bearings that rub
 against other parts can wear excessively or jam if metallic particles are
 attracted to them. In my business we use magnetic screwdrivers on dash or
 body screws but not on internal engine, transmission, etc parts. A small
 warning from a slightly paranoid guy.

 John "You talking to me?" Collier

You're damn right John , but what else could I do ? I tried at least 50 times
to rebuild the thing .
Tomorrow I'lm meeting the Leica man and I will pass the 35 summicron to him
for a good CLA.
What it your business ? you said you're builing engines ?
I'm building Drag race small block Chevy as a Hobby. I always install a big
magnet in the lifter valley , just to catch the
debris from rollers and so on .
Thanks
Jo GOODTIMES            " YOU JUST GET ONE LIFE ! "