Subject: Re: [Leica] BAD NEWS: magnetic screwdrivers
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:38:39 -0700

I may well be paranoid but here goes. Do not use a magnetic screwdriver in
small delicate workings. The screwdriver also magnetises the part you are
working on and this can cause problems down the road. Magnetic screwdrivers
are fine for screws because if fine metallic particles are attracted to the
screw, they will not cause any damage. Small parts or bearings that rub
against other parts can wear excessively or jam if metallic particles are
attracted to them. In my business we use magnetic screwdrivers on dash or
body screws but not on internal engine, transmission, etc parts. A small
warning from a slightly paranoid guy.

John "You talking to me?" Collier