Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Contax wars
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:18:34 -0700

One of my friends bought a used G2 and lenses after toying with a used M6
for a while. He decided against the M6 because of the steep price of
admission; he was able to buy the G2 and several lenses for less than the
price of the used M6 body. His main interest is in macro insect work and he
wanted a camera with very good wide angle lenses for occasional use only. He
does not like how his SLR wides "smear" in the corners (his words).  He does
not regret his primarily financial decision, even though he preferred the
handling of the M6, but has been a little disappointed in the lenses as he
has found them, especially the 28mm, to be flare prone.

John Collier