Subject: [Leica] MEETING THE FRENCH LEICA LEADERS : DEBRIEF.
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:56:02 EST

I met the French Leica representatives today at my local photo store . The
CAMARA SHOP  of the French city of Bourges , in the center of France has just
completed an arrangement with Leica France to be an Official Leica supplier
in the area . So they came today with all M & R lines on show .
I could get a hand on everything , they even allowed me to take some stuff
out  for a few hours to shoot a few rolls where I wanted to !
I looked at the 35 SUMMILUX ASPH  and found the shade locking mecanism very
poorly designed , compared to the one of the SUMMICRON .
After looking at the 35 SUMMICRON ASPH , I decided to buy it , as the shop
offered to buy back my New Elmar 50 , that I didn't use a lot since I prefer
the 50 SUMMICRON ( 1986 ) .
I also bought the M lens Holder since they offered 15 % off on all Leica
bodies & lenses & accessories .
I also tried the TRI - ELMAR on my M6 . No problem about window selection .
I asked them about the fact that on some M6 , the windows didn't switch
correctly , and they said they heard about the problem , without giving more
details .
Well the French Leica representatives seem to be nice poeple . They insisted
to take a nostalgic look at my 67 M4 and
opened quite big eyes at the look of all the old but in prefect condition
original boxes !
So any comments about the quality of the  35 'CRON ASPH at full aperture are
welcomed, not that I want to start another 'CRON / LUX debate .
Jo GOODTIMES                              " YOU JUST LIVE ONE ( GOOD ) TIME "