Subject: Re: [Leica] Developer fomulas
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:38:11 -0800

Mike Johnston wrote:

><Snip>
> I have no idea what the phrase "The Xtol for Paper" could possibly
> mean....
>
> --Mike / Editor
Xtol for paper would mean a developer which uses a form of Ascorbic acid instead
of hydroquinone in conjunction and a form of Phenidone instead of Metol.
And I'm pretty sure that's what Neutol is. And my early experiences with Neutol
echo my early and current results with Xtol; spectacular.
And I'm a little surprised that wasn't obvious.
I learned much of what I know about Xtol and the whole recent Ascorbic
acid/Phenidone phenomenon from a recent article in your magazine.
Mark Rabiner