Subject: Re: [Leica] Developer fomulas
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:29:51 -0800

>Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:38:11 -0800
>From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Developer fomulas

>Xtol for paper would mean a developer which uses a form of Ascorbic acid
>instead
>of hydroquinone in conjunction and a form of Phenidone instead of Metol.
>And I'm pretty sure that's what Neutol is. And my early experiences with
>Neutol

Someone might have already pointed it out, but it is Neutol Plus only that uses
ascorbic acid and thus qualifies as a liquid "Xtol for paper...".

BTW, I've been using it for about 6 months, great stuff. The prints are very
sharp looking (and I have never noticed that with any other paper developer),
the image tone is pretty much neutral, looks a little warmer than Flexicon in
Bromophen that I used before (the coolest combination I've seen so far is
Flexicon + Bromophen + selenium toner). And if you use Neutol Plus at 1+9
dilution (as I do), it is also pretty cheap.

Jiri Dvorak