Subject: Re: [Leica] Eggleston: art photography
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:01:24 +0000

Peter:

Woof, woof!

Sometimes it is fun to bark.  I used to rent studio out to fashion
shooters and was always amazed at how boring were their results.  If I
gave my clients such work I'd get fired--but then I work a different
side of the street.

And no, absolutely not, no way, couldn't be, I am NOT jealous of his
success and reputation.  : )

donal

peter stamos wrote:

> The dogs bark, the caravan moves on....
>
> >From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
> >To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> >Subject: Re: [Leica] Eggleston: art photography
> >Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:07:07 +0000
> >
> >Tina Manley wrote:
> > >  I'm just saying from my
> > > point of view, if you have to explain a photograph or search for a
> >hidden
> > > meaning, it has failed to communicate.]
> > >  I love Faulkner who often fails to communicate without an effort on the
> >part of the
> > > reader.
> >
> >The difference between Faulkner and Eggleston is that even with the
> >depth of Faulner's prose just reading it aloud is music to my ears.
> >Eggleston is equivalent to white noise.
> >
> >donal

- --
Donal Philby