Subject: RE: [Leica] Photo Workshops
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:40:34 -0500

- --=====================_13539222==_.ALT

At 02:35 PM 1/19/00 -0700, you wrote:

>I think Tina has been to a Maine workshop more recently.
>
>Tim A

Yes, I took the Maine workshop on "Making a Difference", taught by Boston
Globe photographer Stan Grossfeld.  Stan was a very good teacher and I got
a lot out of the workshop, but was very disappointed by the lack of support
from Maine Photo Workshops.  They were overwhelmed by the number of
participants and seemed to accept anybody at all levels of experience, in
spite of the requirement to submit a portfolio.  I'm taking Sam Abell's
Project Workshop at Santa Fe this summer.  I've heard really good things
about it.  Has anybody on the LUG attended other workshops that they can
recommend or warn against?   Of course, the most fun is the Park Square
Leica Seminar - at Cape Cod this year:  www.pksqcamera.com

Ted, I'm assuming that you will be leading the seminar again.  Your name
isn't mentioned.  Let me know before I sign up!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

- --=====================_13539222==_.ALT

At 02:35 PM 1/19/00 -0700, you wrote:<br>
recently.<br>
Tim A</blockquote><br>
Yes, I took the Maine workshop on &quot;Making a Difference&quot;, taught
by Boston Globe photographer Stan Grossfeld.&nbsp; Stan was a very good
teacher and I got a lot out of the workshop, but was very disappointed by
the lack of support from Maine Photo Workshops.&nbsp; They were
overwhelmed by the number of participants and seemed to accept anybody at
all levels of experience, in spite of the requirement to submit a
portfolio.&nbsp; I'm taking Sam Abell's Project Workshop at Santa Fe this
summer.&nbsp; I've heard really good things about it.&nbsp; Has anybody
on the LUG attended other workshops that they can recommend or warn
against?&nbsp;&nbsp; Of course, the most fun is the Park Square Leica
Seminar - at Cape Cod this year:&nbsp;
again.&nbsp; Your name isn't mentioned.&nbsp; Let me know before I sign
up!<br>
Leically,<br>
Tina<br>