Subject: RE: [Leica] Photo Workshops
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:35:34 -0700

Ken,

Try:

http://www.sfworkshop.com/

For the SW - Santa Fe. I have always fancied going to one of their
workshops. They have a good reputation.

In the Eastern US:

http://www.meworkshops.com/photoworkshops/

are the biggie, with some good people. I have heard mixed responses from
people who have been - more about the organisation though. It s the only
workshop I have attended, about 8 years ago though - I had a great time and
learnt a huge amount.

there is also Anderson Ranch in Colorado - not sure if they have a website.
And a few one off workshops. I'll see if I can find any more info. There are
quite a few smaller set-ups too. Best to go by word of mouth.
Try:

https://www.secure-x-001.net/Secure-X.asp?Site=60&Direction=default.htm&Port
al=000

or

www.andersonranch.org

An awful lot depends on the instructor. Some of the bigger names are great -
others may be good photographers, but lousy teachers. Also, some lesser
known photographers are great teachers!

I think Tina has been to a Maine workshop more recently.

(There is also this - don't know what their courses are for this year. David
Medley on the LUG is involved. Last year they had a workshop with Bruce
Davidson
http://www.coupevillearts.org/  )

Also:

http://www.eddieadams.com/

or

http://www.mountainworkshops.org/

or

http://home.earthlink.net/~juliadean/

Finally, check out:

http://www.mindspring.com/~frankn/photo/workshops.html

An awful lot depends on what you are looking for.

Tim A