Subject: RE: [Leica] A shop for secondhand in London
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 14:24:42 -0000

Johnny and others,

A little word of caution about the 'Nicholas' vendor. He is not a man of
morals. My dad was 'stung' by him, very nearly lost a whole Voigtlander
camera system to him and eventually had to settle for a substitute, much
poorer, camera in return - short of suing the guy.
He will intimidate and use abuse in order to defraud. I am sure that at
times others have found him OK to deal with but I wouldn't reccomend him
though his stock list is often intriguing.

Ffordes (who have a web site) I can thoroughly reccomend, in fact they have
some excellent deals at present, e.g. 15 Super Elmar-R (ex-demo) for 1750
GBP, new price 4250 GBP. There is also a 4th camera shop near (outside)
Pied Bull Yard, not hard to find. And another nice old Leica dealer (I
forget the name, R.G.Lewis?) not far away north of Holborn station on the
underground.

Jem