Subject: RE: [Leica] PIcture of Voigtlander Bessa-R
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:11:43 -0000

Skip,
Many thanks for this, it's my first view of the camera having had this
unusable CD for several days now!
Yes the rangefinder base length does look short but what I see on the top
plate makes me think they've adopted an inyernal rotatable viewfinder
system, a la the canon V-T. this allows you to see a selstion of framings
in the viewfinder, enlarging the picture as neccesary. On the Canon there
is a setting for 35, 50 and RF, which like the old screw Leicas shows a
much magnified image for more accurate focusing, e.g. 1.5x. The old r/f
window in screw Leicas is not too unreasonable to use as an approximation
of the 135mm field of view - considering that its circular!

The lens looks to be a new one too, a 35/2.5, much smaller than the bulky
35/1.7. Looks very late 50's or early 60's Canon too, with those chrome
rings in places.

best wishes,
Jem