Subject: Re: [Leica] All hail Tri-X
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 08:38:57 -0500

There was an article in a magazine (I believe it was the excellent Camera &
Darkroom) by the developer of Xtol and he states that the developer was
designed specifically for the T-Max films.  I use T-Max 100, 400, and 3200,
all souped in Xtol 1:1 and get great results.

Try Xtol 1:1 (one-shot), you'll like it.  To T-Max developer, just say no.

Skip

At 1/2/00 05:56 PM  -0800, you wrote:
>One other thing that I've finally done, try XTOL develpoer 1:1. Quite
>frankly I can't imagine going back to Tmax developer after what I've seen
>this past few weeks, even Tmax film looks different, better........negs
>appear smoother? Not sure what it is, but the prints almost look like those
>old images. Nice!
>
>The EXTOL makes Tri-x AND Tmax look smooth. The pictures aren't any better,
>but  the prints look better! :)
>
>ted

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ