Subject: Re: [Leica] Contax RF & Durability Issues
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 20:53:00 -0800

Years ago, I tried to adapt a Leica lens to a Zeiss enlarger with a Contax
mount.   After a long search, I found the adapter and went home excited with
my find.  But, alas, the mount made the Leica lens project too far from the
enlarger and I could not enlarge a negative.   The conclusion is that a
Contax body is thicker and the lens is shorter to compensate.   The Leica
lens is too long for the adaptation.

Roland Smilth