Subject: Re: [Leica] Passport Un-Warranty (Not TRUE!)
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 12:39:52 GMT

So are you expecting your auto-warranty to cover theft also?
Would you buy a new car without a warranty?
The warranty is just that, a WARRANTY, not insurance.

Your home-owners insurance should cover theft, and frankly you would have to
be an idiot to loose a Leica.
Also, based on the conversations here on the LUG, FAR more of us have
dropped our cameras than had them stolen!(I even remember someone dropping
their camera in the toilet!)

I have NEVER had a camera stolen, but I have dropped damn near all of them
at one time or another.

Dan States