Subject: Re: [Leica] Exposing slide film at night
From: Leon Davenport <leonjdav@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 00:35:51 -0800

The R8's metering system is outstanding.  In a pinch I can switch it to
program and have a very expensive point and shoot....  I believe that it is
the software in the camera that interprets what the meter reads makes it so
good.  It seems to know what I want.  Also when you use it you must be
selective in what you meter.  Like the old trick to meter in one area that
has all of the important tones and colors that you want to render accurately
and in the proper ratio to each other.  Take one good reading and hit the
button.  It is nice to have a choice of average, multi-segment and spot
metering but for me I find the multi-segment setting both accurate and
pleasing.

Leon.

- --

ljdavenportphotography.com is a webfolio of my best work.  It has color and
black and white images, most of which were taken with the Leica R8.  Please
stop by and enjoy.