Subject: Re: [Leica] R8, again, halas, problem
From: Leon Davenport <leonjdav@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 07:49:37 -0800

I had problems with one of my R8 cameras, too.  It had a similar problem to
yours.  I also was using a non 3501 flash unit.  They had to replace the
electronic strip inside of the camera.  It was an electronic problem
masquerading as a flash problem.  (Another symptom of my problem was the
motor winder rewind wouldn't work either.)  It was returned to me in about
two weeks.
Don't give up on the R8.  It is a great camera.  I too had second thoughts,
but I have since had too many situations where my R8 had the right
combination of features and moxie to get me the shot.  Also, look at your
chromes, have you ever seen anything better?  My guess is that you haven't.
If you had why would you have switched to Leica?  Take heart, cameras are
complicated pieces of engineering, sometimes they break, it is always a good
idea to have a back up.  Good luck I hope that you get your camera back very
soon.

Leon.

- --

ljdavenportphotography.com is a webfolio of my best work.  It has color and
black and white images, most of which were taken with the Leica R8.  Please
stop by and enjoy.