Subject: Re: [Leica] tripod recommendations
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:22:00 -0600

>Looking for tripod recommendations.  I use an M6 with 35 and 50mm lenses
>and an R6 with a 90mm.  Shoot landscapes quite a bit, particularly in the
>Southwest (in sandy locations).  Don't want a tripod that is heavy, just
>something light-weight but very stable.  Recommendations?  Thanks.

I think for the money, size and weight, the Tiltall is hard to beat. My
old one is still going strong after 25 years. The new ones are not as
nice as the old Leitz version but still very servicable and at around
$100-120 (I think) complete with head they are quite secure and solid -
plenty solid for big 35 SLRs with zooms and MF cameras too.  You get pan
and tilts that are seperate from each other and smooth in operation. The
Tiltall does not go real low (that's why you carry the tabletop tripod
too) and you might want to have the handles cut down for ease of
carrying. They are pretty basic and simple, kinda like M cameras.

Henry