Subject: RE: [Leica] Hexar RF
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:36:27 -0000

Mark,
I've listened to the Hexar RF sise by side with the M6 and they're similar
levels of noise, though the M is definitely sweeter. There's a harsher
sound with the Hexar. The brochure goes to pains (with waveforms) to
illustrate the fact that the film drive is quieter than the shutter release
so it's quiet, but the extension of the sound (ie, the longevity of the
sound) makes it more noticeable, unlike a Leica which can be silent when
being advanced.

Jem