Subject: Re: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Lenses reviewed in CI #220
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:02:39 -0600

> If. I've neither seen nor tried the Konica. And until I do I'm not ready to
> proclaim it either a wide angle Godsend or an f/1.4 failure.

With an magnification of .6, I think that al least proves the M6 will be
more accurate, no? What is more important in photography than getting it in
focus -at least when that's what you want to happen?
<<<<<<<<<<<

With my limited understanding of finder magnifications, I think -- and I
may well be wrong about this and welcome corrections -- that some lenses,
such as the 75 and the 90 f/2, are at or near the limits of what can
theoretically be focused accurately with the Konica's .6 finder
magnification. I believe a 50 f/1.4 should work fine. But theory and actual
heat-of-the-moment use can be two different things. Which is why I'd want
to try the Konica before deciding its true usefulness with lenses I'd want
to attach to it.

Truthfully, if the Konica turns out to be what I think it will be and if
finances allow, I can envision the Konica with the 24 mm M lens and an M6
HM used with 50 mm and 90 mm lenses being the ideal rangefinder set for my
needs.

Larry