Subject: [Leica] M6TTL Flash Probs ??
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:24:30 -0800

I received an email about M6 TTL flash compatibility.  He has an early M6 TTL #
2467714.  He writes:

"suddenly my old faithful Braun 380 flash refused to fire, then later in the  dayit
fired again (nothing wrong with the flash, checked that at once) Confronted  with
this, through my dealer, Leica said: "oh, yes we know that some older  flash  units
will have problems, because we have changed the specifications of the X  sync. to a
new standard" My dealer was mad because he had to find out this way, and  I was mad
because the first (but unfortunately not the last) crack in my  pleasure of finally
owning a Leica had developed. I insisted that Leica fixed the  problem, especially
since it says in the manual that you can use "any  proprietary flash" no mention of
any new and different standard for the (old  fashioned, I thought) X connector. The
solution was that Leica supplied me which am ugly, cheap looking conversion box
slightly smaller than the old MR
meter, "

does anyone else know of this problem, or what causes it?

Stephen Gandy