Subject: [Leica] re: Konica and Contax
From: "KPETERS" <KPETERS@huntel.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 18:47:05 -0600

- ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF3F51.202A30C0

"Because - and this is only based on what I've read, not hands-on
>experience - the Konica is a real camera, while the G2 is a really =
snazy P&S
>with interchangable lenses."

What kind of crap is this?  Obviously someone who knows NOTHING about =
the G series contax cameras.  They are definately not "point and shoot". =
  They are worthy rangefinders that require some concept of photography =
to make them work properly.  The lenses are comparable to Leica lenses =
in most situations and the finish and functioning is intuitive to one =
who knows photography.  They don't even offer "full automated" =
function-- you have to set at least the aperature,  etc.  I have shot =
many many cameras, both old and new, and only a few approach the "feel" =
of an M6, but the G series cameras are one... Kpeters

- ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF3F51.202A30C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&quot;Because - and this is only based on what I've read, not=20
hands-on<BR>&gt;experience - the Konica is a real camera, while the G2 =
is a=20
really snazy P&amp;S<BR>&gt;with interchangable lenses.&quot;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What kind of crap is this?&nbsp; Obviously someone who knows =
NOTHING about=20
the G series contax cameras.&nbsp; They are definately not &quot;point =
and=20
shoot&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp; They are worthy rangefinders that require some =
concept=20
of photography to make them work properly.&nbsp; The lenses are =
comparable to=20
Leica lenses in most situations and the finish and functioning is =
intuitive to=20
one who knows photography.&nbsp; They don't even offer &quot;full=20
automated&quot; function-- you have to set at least the aperature,&nbsp; =

etc.&nbsp; I have shot many many cameras, both old and new, and only a =
few=20
approach the &quot;feel&quot; of an M6, but the G series cameras are =
one...=20
Kpeters</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF3F51.202A30C0--