Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 75mm f1.4 (Desert Island Short Tele M lens)
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:29:53 +0100

Andrew,

In my case the answer was 90mm, and I sold the 75mm to finance it. I just
found time and time again that I wished for a slightly longer lens when
photographing, say, a building detail with the 75mm. If money were no object I
would have kept both.

So, the answer to your question cannot be determined by our advice, only by
your own needs, because both lenses are among the best in the Leica lineup, so
you cannot make an "objective" choice.

Nathan

Andrew S Jordan wrote:

> Tom, Nathan, Dan, Jim,BD and others:
>
> You have all been very enthusiastic about the 75mm f1.4 M lens and the
> examples I have seen on the various web pages have been most impressive.
> Ignoring the 1 f-stop and 20% focal length difference would you take the
> 75mm or 90mm f2 apo-asph lens with you to the proverbial "desert island" ?
> Or if you could afford only one of these superb lenses which one would you
> pick and why?
>
> With best regards, Andrew Jordan

- --
Nathan Wajsman