Subject: Re: [Leica] deserve to be green
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 07:30:35 -0800

At 02:09 AM 11/21/99 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>With a Rolleiflex 2.8 F would be my guess. The developer he used I would
>love to
>know. And the paper he used. His tech stuff doesn't get out as much it seems.
>How'd you find this out?

It's well knows Penn used Tri-X and Rolleis. If you read the photo mags,
you pick up a lot of this stuff. But it's not the film and paper that give
Penn's photographs the quality that stands out. It's north light that he
uses. He sets up his studios outside with the background he wants and lets
natural light do it all.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch