Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Contax shutter complexity versus Leica
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 12:01:03 -0800

At 01:15 PM 11/21/99 -0500, Jonathan Borden wrote:
>The
>lesson to be learned is that if you have a solid product and limited
>resources, it is best to maintain your market niche (i.e. 35mm RF) rather
>than try to leapfrog the competition in a new and unproven market.

I don't know about that. I'd hate to think Jobs and Wozniak might have
taken that to heart, or Minolta - with autofocus.  Or Leica itself with the
Leica in the first place. They did it to provide employment for their
workers. Shoot, how would stockholders react to such an altruistic move now?

You just need to make sure you can pull it off.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math