Subject: Re: [Leica] deserve to be green
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 12:45:51 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 02:09 AM 11/21/99 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:
> >With a Rolleiflex 2.8 F would be my guess. The developer he used I would
><Snip>
> It's well knows Penn used Tri-X and Rolleis. If you read the photo mags,
> you pick up a lot of this stuff. But it's not the film and paper that give
> Penn's photographs the quality that stands out. It's north light that he
> uses. He sets up his studios outside with the background he wants and lets
> natural light do it all.
>
> Eric Welch

Tri X pro or real Tri x is the issue for me. I contend they are horses of a way
different color.
When I think Penn I think sidelight. Half the face light, half the face dark.
When ever I do that I think I'm him. And I did that this week.
I put my Balcars NORTH of the model. And they're COLD. :)
But I ain't no Irving.
Mark Rabiner