Subject: RE: [Leica] using my M6HM
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:48:36 -0000

Francesco - What you have to do is take a deep breath, and realize that
street photography with an M - or any camera - is an entirely different art
form from studio or location controlled shooting. It is possible to frame
well - as you note Eric's PJ work attests. Actually, the frame lines of the
rangefinder - even with the 35 - make it much more suitable to street
shooting than a reflex, because you are reminded to frame! You can see
what's in the frame, and what isn't.

Cropping isn't for street shooting. Cropping is for people who forget to
frame properly, which is to say it's basically a crutch....(and that doesn't
mean it's not a crutch I don't use once and a while ;-) )

B. D.