Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: judicious use of plastics
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:32:07 -0000

Doug - When the NEXT Millenium dawns and archeologists are going through our
garbage dumps, they will find infinitely more perfectly preserved plastic
products and product parts than they will metal ones. This is not to say
that I want a plastic Leica, but rather to note that some of today's
plastics are stronger and lighter than most metals, and having plastic parts
in a camera, or anything else for that matter, certainly doesn't mean what
it did a few decades ago.

B. D.