Subject: Re: [Leica] chrome cleaning
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 06:11:57 +0000

Simon Pulman-Jones wrote:
>A very trivial question this, I know, but does anybody have any tips for
>cleaning up the chrome finish on Leica M's to lessen the effect of
>brightmarks etc.? I've often thought that cameras that I've seen on dealers
>shelves look as if something has been done to the chrome to bring it back
>to life.  Nothing to do with photography of course....

Try rubbing the chrome with a soft cloth and lighter fluid. Use Q-tips and
same fluid around the crevices and dab dry.  Everything looks brighter
after.  I have also found that USING your camera actually makes the bright
rub marks less obvious...don't know why but maybe our hands acts as a sort
of fine grade sanding paper on the leica finish.

Dan K.

     Modernisation is not necessarily in the best interest of mankind.