Subject: Re: [Leica] keep M3 or G1
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:07:08 +0000

>I am in the middle of a major dilemna! I have to get rid a one camera for
>financial reasons. Etiher my M3 and a 50mm f2 lens or my G1 with the 28, 45
>and 90mm lens. I love the Leica, but have three lenses for the G. Should I
>be patient, and hang on to the M3 and hopefully buy some more Leica glass
>later or keep the G1 and the glass for now? What would you do? This is not
>meant to start a debate between the which is better, I like them both. I am
>just stuck and could use som advice.
>
>Mike

The M3 + 50 has better resale value and so will go a long way to help with
your financial dilemma, and you will still have the G1 and three useful
focal lengths to enjoy your photogrphy with.  The G1 has AF and AE, which I
find very useful with aging eyes and obviously a separate exposure meter at
this point in time will be an additional financial burden (since the M3
does not have a meter).  Guessimation is one thing but a built in meter is
a major convenience.

When times are better you can still find another M3 and 50 lens which are
available in abundance.

Dan K.

     Modernisation is not necessarily in the best interest of mankind.