Subject: RE: [Leica] Zone blues
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:32:24 -0700

>It was a joke! :-) But I bet if someone gave a better price, they'd process
>a lot more than 128 rolls of film a day. Of course, here in one year I
>processed 230,000 rolls of film. No kidding! It goes without saying I had a
>machine.

As a point of comparison, the "good" local one-hour lab, Wolfe Camera,
closed down its in-house E6 line due to unprofitability. They process
between 200 and 450 rolls of C41 a day, but they weren't breaking even on
the chemistry on E6 at less than 30 rolls a day. They're a chain, they've
left one E6 line running at one of their stores servicing the whole area.

Professional Quality E6 hereabouts costs on the order of $14/roll to
process.

Godfrey