Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodak C-41 Tri-X
From: "Joseph E. Hayes" <jeh50@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:27:59 -0700

Anthony wrote...

<snip>

> I have not heard good things about the C-41 TxxxCN films from Kodak, so I wasn't going to consider those (I want something over ISO 1000, anyway), but if there are any contrary opinions, I'd be interested in hearing them. <

<snip>

I was fortunate enough to go to the SantaFe Photo Workshop last year and
when buying film to attend, picked-up Ilford's version.  Shot it only to
find out they would not process it the lab at the Workshop.  I would up
bringing it to a local guy who ran it through the machine.  oh
Boy...when I got the pics back was I suprised...

Printed on color paper, it gave each image a warm "sepia toned"
quality.  A bit disappointing at first since most of the film was
exposed at a very special place.  Trying to save the day (and my work),
I did find some of the images worked well in the sepia tone and
subsquently had them enlarged and framed.

I also had sent the negs to a regular lab here in Los Angeles to print
the images in B&W.  They looked okay - not too grainy - but I think I
would prefer to continue working with standard B&W films such as Tri-X.

Joe Hayes