Subject: Re: [Leica] R5/R7/R8 opinions
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 08:39:02 -0500

At 12:24 AM 9/26/99 -0400, David Strang wrote:
>I really like the idea of 1/2 stop shutter speeds (as in the R8). I shoot
>a lot
>of sports at maximum aperature, so the 1/2 stop shutter speed makes sense
>when I
>need to open up 1/2 stop and the aperature is already wide open!

The R7 is much better than the R5. You will definitely like it better,
especially considering your needs. And it's more rugged to boot.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I think the 50(mm lens) is an extremely good discipline lens; it requires
you to see in a more refined way, not just tighter. -William Albert Allard,
"The Photographic Essay"