Subject: Re: [Leica] m4-P film speed dial
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:11:53 -0300

Johnny:

The M4-P film speed indicator was a round sticker that you write on with a
pencil,  It sounds like you described such a label or sticker.  As for the
battered back, the backs were usually enamel paint which scraped off in
spots if the camera was well used.  This means rather than sitting pretty
on a shelf, it was swinging from somedodys neck and scratching the cack on
buttons, zippers and the like.

What is a thumb grip?  Do you mean the plastic tip on the film advance?  If
it is that screw, bring it back where you just recently bought it and get
them to find a screw for it.  If you did not buy it at a dealer, try an
aolder dealer that may have a drawer full of odd screws that they take out
of scrapped cameras.  You may get lucky and find one that fits.

Regards,

Robert