Subject: [Leica] m4-P film speed dial
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:02:28 +0100

My new M4-P is in nice condition, but the back looks a bit battered, like it
might have belonged to another camera. Also, oddly, the film speed dial is
missing the centre...but looks like it never had one. IE the centre of it is
blank and smooth. I noticed another M4-P advertised on ebay with the same
'feature'. Anyone know anything about this? My serial # is 1621***, which
makes it a 1983 model according to Stephen Gandy's amazing list of lists.

Also the little plastic thumbgrip retaining screw seems to have dropped out.
Let me guess: I'm gonna have to pay a hundred bucks for a replacement and
another hundred for someone to screw it in.
- --
Johnny Deadman

"The obscure man's reflections may be aw wise as the rich cheese-maker's, on
everything but cheese" - Haskins