Subject: [Leica] References for metering methods
From: "Mark E Davison" <Mark_E_Davison@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:59:51 -0700

Here's a reference I recently stumbled into that discusses various metering
methods and the strengths and weaknesses of them. For example, there is an
illustrated example of a common situation where incident light metering
fails. There is also a lucid discussion of the fundamentals of the zone
system.

Basic Techniques of Photography, Book I, John P. Schaeffer, 1992, ISBN
0-8212-1882-4

This is a more coherent discussion than what you will get from trying to
read the LUG archives.

Mark Davison