Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Photo Vultures (didtoday,getalife) [no Leica]
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:13:12 +0200

From: <Ruralmopics@aol.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 04:54

> I'm not a lawyer (don't even play one on TV) but if
> I remember my communications law from journalism school,
> tough nuggies Mom.  It happened in public view. Get over it!

I agree.  It would be hard to call this assault.  The fact that someone objects
to what you are doing and finds it stressful does _not_ mean that you are
actually assaulting her.  If that were not the case, someone who found the
demolition of an old building objectionable could accuse the entire demolition
crew of assault.  Obviously that does not happen.

Additionally, in many jurisdictions, members of the press are explicitly given
special consideration under law.

I'm not a lawyer, and this isn't legal advice.

  -- Anthony