Subject: Re: [Leica] Cleaning, Lubrication and Adjustment
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:02:18 -0300

Anthony:

You will catch the Noctilux fever.  A F1 lens is three stops faster than
your Nikon lens.  Look on my web page at the Noctilux page.  There is even
a sports shot taken with the Noctilux.  While the guy next to me had an F5
with a 2.8 zoom and shooting 1600 ASA print film, I could shoot 200 ASA
slide Etachrome  film pushed to an EI of 320.  Nothing beats speed.  I also
have the 75mm Summilux, but have not used it much yet.  What I have seen
from it is very impressive.

On a more sensible note though, the 50mm Summilux is a fine performer too
and much cheaper than the Noctilux.  The quality of Leica lenses is such
that the used gear usually works like new.  Maison du Leica also puts a
Warranty on all their used gear and would be a good place to break your
habit of only buying new.

Some links to my simple web pages are below:

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/index.htm

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/Noctilux.htm

This page was taken with the 35mm ASPH Summicron and the Noctilux.  All the
B&W was with the 35mm ASPH Summicron. I used the Noctilux with the color
shots where a flash was not used.  The B&W images are just scans from the
negatives.  The prints I made in the darkroom are much better.  The one
image on the page scanned from a print is Gordons-Nurse-B&W.jpg .

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/gordon_francis_stevens.htm

Regards,

Robert