Subject: Re: [Leica] Cleaning, Lubrication and Adjustment
From: Martin Howard <mvh@media.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:17:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> I've been trying to tell myself that the Noctilux probably wouldn't be as
> sharp wide open as my Summicron, anyway, but that hasn't been working very
> well.

At f/1.0, the Noctilux is *much* sharper than the Summicron ;)  Kindof why
people buy it.  If, of course, they can afford it and need the speed.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | Yeah, I'm pretty outnumbered there,
Visiting Scholar at MIT Media Lab | Dave..., eh, Jay...
email: mvh@media.mit.edu          |  - Bruce Willis (on The Tonight Show)