Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:55:36 -0700

Dick Hemingway wrote:
>I have been thinking of getting a winder for my R8 and have discussed this
>with several luggers.  I'm not usre that I want the 10 oz extra weight.>>>>

G'day Dick,

it sounds like it's heavy, but you'll be used to it in a couple of days
because it makes the camera far more comfortable to handle and efficent to
use. I find it an indispensble accessory well worth the money and a few
extra onces of weight.

>One question I have is that I was looking at the Leica web site and the
>specs on the winder.  It seems that to turn it on you have to pull out the
>manual advance lever and leave it out??? >>>>>

I see this error has been addressed in a an earlier post so I'll leave it.

I have no doubt if you decide to buy you wont regret. But as I've said in
the past, "if you buy and don't like, Sell it!" Nothing lost and wisdom
gained. :)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant