Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:39:59 +0400

Richard W. Hemingway wrote:

> One question I have is that I was looking at the Leica web site and
> the specs on the winder.  It seems that to turn it on you have to pull
> out the manual advance lever and leave it out???  Since I also have to
> focus with my left eye - won't this poke into my right eye??? (and no
> I don't want a motor drive)

Dick, you can leave the manual advance level in place. What they meant
to say that if for some reason, you want to *deactivate* the winder,
then you have to leave the lever sticking out. When it sticks out, the
winder will not wind. So there's nothing for you to worry about. It's a
lovely, smooth-running, quiet device.

Bernard